General

1. Ability to rename Devices

I have two devices so far and they are both called "iPhone". I'm using IFTTT to notify when the home is empty or when someone arrives and it would be nice to have the ability to name the specific device.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Notification when home status hasn't changed in awhile.

Just realized my wife deleted the app on her phone so our status was stuck on home for I don't know how long. Be nice to get a notification if the home status hasn't changed a while.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Smartthings

Smart things only has geofencing if you buy a fob. Support smart things

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Guest mode also prevents IFTTT triggers on/off setting

Please create a setting so that Guest Mode also stops IFTTT triggers. It would be the same effect as a home/away control within IFTTT as someone else suggested, but would just not update whatever else people are using arrival/departure changes for, so those systems would stay in whatever mode they are already in. I use guest mode because I don't want my NEST going into away mode when I have guests, Skylark is awesome for geofencing, and everything I have it talk to via IFTTT I also don't want to go into away mode when I have guests. Definitely make…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Let Skylark learn that you're heading home

The latest ios update sends me iphone notifications as I leave the office regarding the traffic on my evening commute. I don't know how, but it knows that I'm heading home. It would be great if the same function could be used for Skylark to sense my return commute and set my thermostat to "home" so that the house is at temperature when I arrive. This could either be automated, or it could prompt for a confirmation--thus helping me to remember. The prompt might be helpful for non-work trip as well. I leave the restaurant/movie/etc and forget to turn up…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add away/home mode as an IFTT action since the nest IFTT doesn't let you set this, and it would be really useful

I would love to be able to set nest to away/home using IFTT. For some reason the nest IFTT channel won't do this despite users requesting it. If skylark IFTT can implement it that would be great.
    Main reason is to schedule home/away updates using triggers on IFTT in the way that should be possible with the nest channel but isn't. The nest channel only let's you change temperature which isn't really compatible with skylark way of doing things.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please increase the home/away radius beyond 25 miles

First, thanks for making an awesome app! We often drive to a vacation home on the weekends that is 165 miles away. Our away temp is set to 55 degrees to save energy, but in the middle of winter the house temp will not get back to 68-70 if "home" mode only turns on when we cross the 25 mile threshold (because we will be home withing 20-25 minutes). Any plans to increase the radius? My guess is we will face a similar issue in the summer with the house not being fully cooled by the time we arrive home.…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Hot water geolocation

It would be great to have geolocation control over the hot water too with the new gen 3 Nest

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Support for proliphix too

I have 6 nt series devices that I already access remotely. Add these to the menus of choices.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Support for Sensi

Sensi is a more economical solution than Nest and gets far better reviews. With Amazon Echo and Wink support, it is gaining market fast.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Scheduled guest mode

Please program a scheduled guest mode for people that have in house child care certain days of the week. For example guest mode turns on Monday to Thursday from 0730 to 1500.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Set temperature instead of home away

Would be nice to have skylark set a temperature for home and a temperature for away or set home/away as current functionality

This would allow for continued use of auto-away

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. IFTTT Options

Build in a time option for IFTTT recipes.

For example, turn on Hue lights when arrive home but only between the hours of 6 PM and 1 AM. This does two things, keeps the lights from turning on during daylight hours and keeps the lights from turning on if I arrive home very late and don't want to wake others in my house.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Apple Watch complication

Please add an Apple Watch app and complication. I would like to know what temperature my home is when I lift up my wrist. (complication<>glance.)

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Temperature override feature rather than set to Away

I would like a feature to override the temperature to say 9 degrees centigrade, (adjustable temp from the App) when leaving home rather than setting to 'away'. This way the later pre-programmed temperature changes on the Nest itself will still apply so it will heat up, (or cool down) automatically at the normal times. It'll work in the same way as if you change the temperature manually on the Nest before leaving home. This can also, (optionally) work in reverse so that when Skylark senses you are coming home it can override a low temperature to warm, (or cool) the…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow a larger radius for returning if away for a long period

A different radius for returning should be allowed if you are away for an extended period. For example, my normal return radius would work on normal days when I am in and out of the house. However, if I travel away from home for several days and the hvac hasnt run for that period of time, I would need a larger radius to have my system turn on earlier so it would be comfortable when I get there. In other words, use this return radius if 'away' persists for more than ____ period of time.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Adjust temperature widget in notifications

Since Nest doesn't include this functionality natively (it's a mystery why they don't, or geofence for that matter), please consider adding up/down and current temp as a widget in notifications for quick access instead of having to open the Nest app.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Home/away/geo schedule

"home"/"away"/"geo" schedule

This setting would allow the user to decide if they want to set the thermostat to home or away or to smart set it using the skylark geo location based on current locations of registered devices.
    It should have a separate schedule for each day of the week and with 15 minute intervals. You could set either "home" or "away" or "geo" for any given 15 minute block.

The default would be "Geo" for all days & all 15 minute intervals (current functionality)

Reasoning behind:
    The radius is nice when running around town and I still want the…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Prompt to set home mode

It would be useful for those that work to prompt them at a set time each day (adjustable) to ask if we are likely to return home at the normal time. If so, then the home mode could be set so you don't need to rely on the geolocation to kick in. This is good for when it's particularly cold out and the house would take an hour or 2 to heat up when you may only be 30mins from home.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base