I suggest you ...

Show status of devices on Skylark

On registered devices section show status of each phone whether it is away or home. You can then easily do a quick check should it not trigger away mode for any reason on the Nest app.

79 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JakeJake shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • EllisEllis commented  · 

I think this would be useful because there are times that skylark just doesn't seem to work. My wife and I have both left home but the thermostat has not been updated. I would like to know which device is failing to communicate. In these instances I am grateful for the nests auto-away feature that acts as a catch all default.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I'm surprised this isn't a feature yet. As for the privacy concern I don't really see the issue here. This is an app that is running on my family's devices and it's not providing their current location at all times, just if they are home or not. Heck you could add a setting to enable/disable sharing home/away status with other devices. I hope to see this soon.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Taylor, if there are 3 people in the home mom and dad are at work and the Nest is set to away, kinda gives Jr's Home/Away status away, doesn't it? I don't see the issue, you're not showing their location. I like the idea. Maybe make it a toggle on/off option.

• Anonymous commented  · 

On the iPhone you can share your location with Friends. If you are prepared to share your (almost) exact location I can't see a problem with sharing a true/false "Home/Away" status.
        It would be useful feedback - so I support this suggestion!

Thanks for a great App.
        Tim

• ChristopherChristopher commented  · 

I agree with not letting where anyone is on the Internet

• Mark RMark R commented  · 

This would be a useful option for me.

• Skylark SupportAdminSkylark Support (Admin, Skylark) commented  · 

We're a little concerned that this feature would open a "can of worms" when it comes to location privacy. For instance, Everyone in your household may not want to share whether they are home or not at a particular time.

We will keep this idea open, however, and see if it gets more community support. Thanks for your feedback!

Feedback and Knowledge Base