I suggest you ...

2 factor Authentication and Skylark

Hi, yesterday I setup 2 factor authentication in the Nest app. Now I find that every time I leave the house and right after the Skylark app notifies me that I'm away I receive several messages from Google with a authentication code. Have you checked if this is due to Skylark and the support for the new 2 factor authentication from Nest?

15 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AllardAllard shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AllardAllard commented  · 

Excellent! Thanks for The update.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Same problem here. I get several messages with 2 factor codes. Annoying.

• Skylark SupportAdminSkylark Support (Admin, Skylark) commented  · 

Hi folks, Jason here!

First, thanks a lot for raising this issue - really love that you guys participate in the community here =)

We're actively looking into supporting Nest's 2-Factor Authentication option with Skylark. I believe that you shouldn't have to make a choice between convenience and security. While I can't give an exact timeframe as to when we'll be supporting this, I did want to chime in here and confirm that 2FA support is a priority for us, and I appreciate your patience while we work out how best to do this. Thanks again!

• JayJay commented  · 

Have the exact same problem. Skylark breaks and does not work when Nest account has 2-factor authentication switched ON. All you get is text messages from Google with the pin when Skylark tries to set the thermostat to away or back to home.

• Anonymous commented  · 

Yes, this is exactly same problem I am having. I started receive the autentication codes txted to me. When I checked my Nest app, it hasn't been put into eco/away mode like it normally does. I disabled 2-factor for now.

• AllardAllard commented  · 

It appears that Skylark is unable to change Nest from home to away even though Skylark says that I left home. Skylark will try several times to change the status resulting in several messages from Google with a authentication code.

Feedback and Knowledge Base