General

1. Support Android.

Support Android devices. Android already has many geofence protocols, so I would think it could be done for minimal cost.

507 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    38 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Work location geofence

It would be nice to set the geofence to my work location during the week, so that when I arrive at the office (instead of bouncing around town) the Nest moves to away and when I leave the office, the house starts to adjust back to "home" temperatures.

89 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Show status of devices on Skylark

On registered devices section show status of each phone whether it is away or home. You can then easily do a quick check should it not trigger away mode for any reason on the Nest app.

83 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Multiple Nest - 2 different homes ?

Some users like me have 2 homes sporting a nest in each.. In m case.. A city home and cottage.

Skylark only has the ability to control 1 at this time.. Would be woneedful to be able to add a second nest location via a unique identifier..

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Two Locations

I have my own company so i need to be able to set up two locations. In nest i can set up two groups Home and Business. I then add the two thermostats to the home and the one thermostat to the business.

What i would love is for:

To set up two geo-fence locations ( home & business ) and tell it what thermostats are located and the two locations.

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow custom sounds for home and away

It would be nice to be able to customize the sounds for home and away to make it more personalized.

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. add homekit integration to your app

I would love to see you be able to add homekit integration to the app... not sure this is possible but something that would be interesting.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Enhance notifications / admin function

With multiple devices registered it would be nice to have enhanced notifications. For example, 4 devices: me, wife, 2 kids. When I leave the home and break the geofence I get notified that the Nest will not be set to away because someone is home. That's perfect, but assuming nobody leaves, when I return the app notifies me that the Nest will be set to Home even though it never was set to away making me wonder if it truly was in away (I know it wasn't but it makes one wonder). Also, it would be nice to be able…

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Noncircular Geofences

It would be great to be able to click points on a map and have lines be drawn between them as we click to form a polygon, rather then being forced to use a circle.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Address/Geofence Range Entry

Issues I have run into:
    -Manually searching for your home address on the map when you are not home can be tedious.
    -Accidentally moving home location on the map when adjusting the geo-fence radius.
    Possible remedy:
    -Add an option to allow users to enter a specific address as their "Home" and save it.
    -Add an option to allow users to enter specific geo-fence range instead of manually adjusting on the map.

31 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Scheduled guest mode

Please program a scheduled guest mode for people that have in house child care certain days of the week. For example guest mode turns on Monday to Thursday from 0730 to 1500.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ability to manually set Nest away status from Skylark app

Skylark should have the ability to manually set away/home status from main opening screen within the app, rather than forcing users to open official Nest app to do so.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow more Geofence locations

This would be APPsolutely perfect if it allowed more than one geofence location. i.e. Have a geofence for work or another location other than my house in that if I leave another geofenced location, set thermostat to home so that by the time I get home, the house has heated up. Please add this feature - it would be epic!

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Different geofences for different days

Thanks for adding different radiuses for setting away and home.

Please can you now add different geofences for different days.

In our house we all work far away from home on the weekdays and so having a large returning home radius will work great for letting the house get warmer before we arrive home.

On the weekends though we stay closer to home and the local town we visit is close enough to confuse the app if we have this large weekday geofence setting enabled.

So with different geofences per day with the usual convenience to just do weekdays vs…

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add support for Honeywell Evohome in Europe

Apparently Honeywell use a different Api in the USA and Canada than Europe thereby inhibiting operation in Europe. This is a shame as the features offered by Skylark are great and really enhance the system. Despite using a different Api I can't believe the differences would represent too much of a technical challenge as the systems feature sets look similar in both regions - hopefully not too much work to accomplish.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Update home/away status once at device power up

Here's the scenario: I leave the house and skylark toggles my nests to away mode. While out, my phone dies. I return home, plug the phone in and head to bed. A few hours later I wake up wondering why it is so cold in here... Stumble out to the nest and see that it is still in away mode. D'oh!

What I'd like to see happen is when the phone boots up and restarts background task threads, skylark does a location check and issues a home event (or an away event I guess) if the phone's location has changed…

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Disable Skylark on Selectable Days of the Week in UI

During the week, we have a regular schedule, and my fixed schedule is finely tuned and using "time-to-temp" it makes the house comfortable upon return from work. Skylark can't do that since it sets home when I approach the house without time to heat or cool to scheduled temperature.

I'd like to have a setting to disable Skylark on weekdays, but allow it to run on weekends when schedule is irregular. Let me set which days in setup to have Skylark run. I can also see the use case of setting the times each day to run Skylark if you…

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Chirp Sounds

Skylark causes my phone to chirp whenever it sends me a message. I don't pull my phone out to read every message it sends me and just assume that it is telling me that it has set my Nest to away or to home. Sometimes the message it is sending me says that it did not set my Nest to away or that it could not communicate with my Nest. it would be nice if the chirp sounds were different if the message was not informing me that it was changing the Nest to home or away so that I…

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories